Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nights at the Oxberry

Here's more progress on the puppet and props!

Last week was fun because I got to work with the oxberry. I'm still testing what works and what doesn't.


Here's a very poor quality comp of the test shot. I have about 5-6 layers of paint animation. Plus a photoshop animation of the boy. It's not done, I have to add more 2D elements (characters) and some more paint on glass. Looking at it, I'm going to make the boy smaller and the paper with a bit of texture.

The biggest challenge but most fun thing I did this week was work with paint. It's so unpredictable at times that mistakes are inevitable. At first, I kept moving the paint too fast and the blobs were really distracting thrown together. Then I blurred it a bit and it looked better but what ultimately made the difference is when I started taking certain areas and completing the motion. I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of it... Sheila advised me to "follow through" on certain actions that the paint naturally follows before moving on to another thought. I guess my scatterbrained nature pops up in how I animate. Animating with the oxberry is really enjoyable since I get the room to myself so I can play music and move around freely. I get really zoned in because I don't waste time surfing the internet or getting distracted by others. Plus, I'm not hunched over using my tablet. I can really see the appeal.

So all in all, hope I can pull this off cause it can look really good or super choppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment