Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Some Thoughts

1. What was the most difficult part of your production process this week?
This week was full of storyboarding and putting those in an animatic. The hardest part about this is committing to a shot. There are so many possibilities with every line of script, deciding on which one would be best and in what order is especially challenging. Thankfully, I've been getting feedback and have managed to get a good amount done. Dealing with the daunting scale of this project is another struggle but taking it day by day and finishing small milestones keeps me motivated.

2. What was the most interesting, fun or successful part of your production process this week? Did you stumble upon a time saving technique? Did you finally master that walk cycle? Did you accomplish something you are especially pleased with?
When working on the animatic, I had a lot of fun but I put in too many frames. It actually looks like an animation rather than rough stills. To make my life easier, I'm going to stop worrying about movement so much as trying to show my entire project as a narrative and then going back, when i have time, to make things more clear. But the beginning of the animatic was a great practise in animating again! I made a basic train chase scene with running, handheld camera motion and lots of changing angles. Finishing that made it seem less intimidating in the longrun when I have to do it for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment