Monday, September 13, 2010

DRAGONFRUIT DRIFTER SCRAPPED... for the most part.

I have a new idea. Over the past week, I've been checking out a lot of cool videos to inspire me. They fall along my older music video idea. Here are some of references and perhaps you'll get the direction I'm taking:








However, it's not completely scrapped. I'm keeping Euclid, his roof, his rooster and pipe.
I had an inspirational week rather than a productive one. The challenging part of this week was getting the motivation to work after cramming all of my energy for the critique on Tuesday. It's always empowering to sit back and reflect on what worked and what didn't with my last idea. Dragonfruit Drifter was my effort to make sense of everything in order to make something tangible... something i can just finally start and follow shot-by-shot rather than feel my way thru the work. I usually have plenty of scattered ideas spewing out my ears but to make one actually make sense is rare. I guess what lacked from it was an element of fascination. Rather than a creative outpour exploring my possibilities, it followed a rigid narrative equation. I had all these characters in my head but no story. At first, I thought that was a problem but now, all I really have to do is put them somewhere and make them dance and explore this place.
I think my biggest upcoming challenge is to secure the images in my head and storyboard... while keeping it free. I usually work in a stream of consciousness so things change day by day. For my thesis to work, I need to commit... but still allow for some change.

No comments:

Post a Comment